Saturday, August 27, 2016

An Adventure in Thread

Hello!!!! Welcome to my new blog, Remnant Blessings! I am so excited about this blog because I get to write and bout one of my favorite things to do: sew. And you get to read about my adventures in thread.
A few months ago, I was told about a website that had some free patterns and I decided to take a quick look. The pattern was for a really cute wristlet pouch that would work great as a mini purse. I checked out the pattern and I was hesitant. I had only made things like dresses and skirts and things like that but I had never made anything that resembled a purse.  Well, I took the plunge.  I downloaded the pattern and got the supplies I needed to step out into the deep unknown into a world where the only things I was familiar with were my sewing machine, thread, and fabric. 
I was nervous. Words jumped out at me that threatened my comfort level: fusible fleece, vinyl, zipper tabs.....rivets????? Ok...breathe....you got this. Just follow the directions. And thats what I did. I took each portion step by step. 
I opted to keep the bottom portion of my first ever wristlet pouch as cotton cloth because the idea of using vinyl was silly. This is a wristlet pouch, not a boat seat. It took me three days to make the pouch. Now I didnt sit down and go from start to finish. I had other things going on so I had to just take my time here and there. One thing I did not count on...I WAS HOOKED!!! After my first one it was the easiest pattern I have ever used and I have been making them ever since. 
My first Clematis Wristlet pouch!!!

The pattern I used was for the Clematis Wristlet by Blue Calla Patterns and it is a free pattern so if you would like to try to make one, go for it!!!
At the end of each post on this blog, I would like to share something I have learned. What I have learned from making the Clematis wristlet is to not be afraid to go outside your comfort zone and try something new.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment